Friday, August 7, 2009

CALLING ALL COUPON FEARERS!!!

This isn't a coupon blog. But it's mine. And I'm talkin'
about coupons right now.

I talk to people all the time who are totally intimdated by
coupons. They wonder aloud just HOW coupon people do what
they do. It overwhems them.

So here's a nice slow start for you.

If there's a Jewel-Osco (or any store that has Bic pens on sale,
but Jewel is my example, so HUSH!) near you
and you have a working printer, get yourself
over to http://www.coupons.com/ and print the coupon for

$1.00 off any 2 Bic stationery products.

It may require you to download a coupon printer. I assure you,
this is no big deal. Just do it. :>)

If you print no other coupons, go print that Bic coupon. When it
has printed, click the BACK tab at the top of your screen.
You might need to click it more than once, but you are backing up
to the point where it will print the coupon again.

It will only print two of them.

(Also good to know if you share a computer with someone
who might have already printed them.)

Now, take those two Bic coupons over to your local Jewel-Osco.

(Don't argue. I'm tryin' to get you some free pens,
so work with me here.)

Jewel has packages of Bic pens on sale 2 for $1.00 this week.
If you use these coupons, you will get 4 packs of pens for free.

The mechanical pencils are $1.00 each, so buying 2 of those
with the $1.00 off coupon gets you what???
Anyone? Beuller? (Paying respects...RIP, John Hughes.)

Right. It gets you 2 packs of mechanical pencils for $1.00.

If you've decided to use your coupon on just free pens, I'd
like to encourage you at this point
to choose one other small item to buy
so that your total is not ZERO. They hate that. And it could
create a hole in the time-space continuum. So don't do it.
You're new. I'm not sure you could handle it.
(Oh, how I slay me! )


Maybe you'd like another pack of pens for that last item.
5 packs of pens for 50 cents plus tax is not a bad deal, you know.
Or a pack of gum??

WAIT A MINUTE! What did you just say?
You don't NEED 5 packs of pens?
Tell me you didn't just say that.

Off the top of my head, without even trying, I can think of
several people/ organizations who would simply love it if I
were to hand them a pack of free pens.

- college student
- charity that accepts school supply donations
- struggling small business
- school nurse
- charity that has office supplies as an expense
- families buying school supp. for multiple kids
- church office
- bank and grocery store (as replacement
for all those pens I've accidentally stuck in my purse
over the years- ok, I'm kidding about this one.)


There are many deals to be had at Jewel this week, but just
try this one on first. See how it feels.

If you don't implode, if the sky doesn't fall,
if there's no major catastrophe as a result of your
using two coupons, maybe you should try
buying 5 cartons of the Breyer's ice cream
that's on sale 2 for $6 until Aug. 12th.

Something wonderful may happen.
But I don't want to spoil your surprise.
Or get your hopes up.

Go ahead, try it.
Then come tell me what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you expalin things!!

Tracy