Thursday, May 8, 2008

For your bedazzlement....

Perhaps you've noticed I haven't been around for a couple of days.


Maybe you have not. This isn't about whether or not you've missed

me. It's about bedazzling.



But, for the sake of argument, let's say you HAVE missed me.
Even if you don't actually say it out loud, I'm going to pretend
you have. Then I'm going to talk to you like this:

It's not that I think I'm someone special,
or that I think you think it.

(Oh, by the way, though, God did make me special.
And He loves me very much. Bob and Larry told me about
it and I choose to acknowledge the probability that they are
correct.)

I also choose to acknowledge that some folks may just feel
sheer annoyance toward me. Perhaps a select few experience
alternating feelings of absolute delight and debilitating anger
with an occasional foray into the realm of bedazzlement.

Bedazzlement, bedazzling, bedazzle. Let's think about it.

be·daz·zle
1. to impress forcefully, esp. so as to
make oblivious to faults or shortcomings:
"Audiences were bedazzled by her charm. "

2. to dazzle so as to blind or confuse:
"The glare of the headlights bedazzled him. "
3. to add gaudy little plastic shiny things to your clothing,
in effort to .... (see definition #2, above).

"Why pay$250 for bejeweled jeans,
when you can Bedazzle your own favorite pair?
They look better, feel better, and sparkle
with your own Bedazzling style?!
Now THAT'S a winner!!"

Yep, I'm sure it IS a winner. But I can't really say, since
I never owned a Bedazzler. My parents said I didn't need one.
(Sigh...admitting they were probably right, ... sigh again.)

But I do kind of wonder... how might I be different
today if I'd gotten all my bedazzling done as a child??????

Disclaimer: Please don't go buy me a Bedazzler. :>)
I don't want a Bedazzler now, though I like
to think of myself as
one who dabbles in bedazzlement.


For fun, though, you could go to the Bedazzler's website and hear their
funny infomercial. The title to this post is the link.

Thanks for coming out today. Thanks for playing our game.
Peace, love, and gaudy glittery things that distract your eyes -

** H **


No comments: