Sunday, May 4, 2008

Queen B, again

Translated from Queen B speak to English, to save your brain cells:

"Well this is just great!
I don't know how to know ANY of this stuff !"

I feel the saaaaaaaaammme way about 60 % of the time, Ms. B.

Of course, she misunderstood what I said.

I'd just read a Dora book to her. This girl LOVES Dora. I mean,
REALLLY loves Dora.

Usually I read a book, then she takes it from my hands and says,
"Now I will read it to you."

But this time, as she took it from my hands she didn't say anything.

I assumed we were just doing our normal thing.

I said "Now, YOU read to Mommy like I just read to you."

This was a VERY upsetting thing for me to say, apparently.

Talk about a child looking pitiful. Hopeless, even.

She crossed the room, flopped into the chair, held out her hands

and in utter disbelief at the hand life had just dealt her,

she said.... "Well, this is just great!......."

Life has a way of doing that to us, doesn't it???

But maybe we sometimes misunderstand what we've been
asked to do.

Ya think??

No comments: