Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thought for the day:
Give yourself permission
to be joyful in your incompetence,
domestic or otherwise.
*** *** *** Contentment *** *** ***
Philippians 4:12 (N I V)
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.
I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation,
whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Is your to-do list overwhelming?
Mine is. Would it be ok if, say , for TODAY,
we work our way through the to-do list as life permits
and really, really TRY not to let our failings over-shadow our joy?
What's robbing you of joy today? Have you learned the secret of being content?
I'd like to say that I have, but so often I struggle. I'm not wanting for things, but for perfection. For completion of the never-ending list.
So today, as I fail miserably I'm going to smile. And be joyful.
I'll smile while I apologize to Mr. Amazing for not washing his favorite work shirts.
I'll smile when the UPS man gets peanut butter on his hand as he tries to open our front door.
I'll smile, be joyful, and think happy thoughts about the storage room
in all its disheveled glory.
I'll sing with glee.
For I know that some day, at some time yet to be determined,
I really will hem those pants for Mr. Amazing. And bake a pie from scratch.
And..... wait... this is sounding like a list....
think joyful thoughts... think joyful thoughts...
Have a great day, y'all. I've got to go..... I've got some smiling to do!

No comments: