Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"What did * I * do !? "

I don't have much time tonight, and we've all been hacking and gagging at our house with some sort of cold or allergy thing, so sleep is sounding like big fun.

Among Queen B's latest accomplishments is the use of the phrase "What did *I* do?!?"
Apparently this phrase is to be said in the most indignant voice you can muster in response to any request from your mother.

Example 1:

Me: Queen B, we need to get the toys picked up so we can take a nap.

Queen B: What did * I * do ?!?

Me: Nothing, honey. We just need to pick up the toys because it's time to take a nap.



Example 2:

Me: Queen B, come here.

Queen B: What did * I * do?!?

Me: Nothing. It's time to eat.

Queen B: Do I *HAVE* to eat that? What did I DOOOO?????

(ok, so, apparently...eating food that her mother has made is also some sort of punishment)


I think tomorrow when she asks for help in the bathroom I'm going to say

"WHY?!?! What did *I * do !?!?!?!?!?!"

Thanks for listening.
H

No comments: