Thursday, April 3, 2008

F. Y. I. - Dictionary.com is a friend of mine

I just wanted you to know that though I do possess
a decent level of skills where usage of the English
language is concerned, I'm about to make
a HUGE admission.



I don't know everything.

There. It's been said. But let's not dwell on it, ok?

(By the way, Mr. Amazing has dubbed me "Correct-All" ,
not to be confused with "Correctal", the laxative
...or... maybe that's what he means.
Hmmm... gonna have to ask about that one! )

That's all for now.
I just felt like I needed to confess,
because I had to look up "haranguing" before I could
commit to putting it over there to the left of the page.

See it? You should read that, and then click the
"subscribe to" link. Go ahead. It won't hurt a bit.

Then, if I suddenly get funny in the middle
of the night, you'll know first thing in the morning.

Isn't that convenient?
The things I do for you. Sheeesh!

** H **
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
ha·rangue (hə-rāng') Pronunciation Key n.
A long pompous speech, especially one delivered before a gathering.
A speech or piece of writing characterized by strong feeling or expression; a tirade.
v. ha·rangued, ha·rangu·ing, ha·rangues v. intr. To deliver a harangue.
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

No comments: